Wednesday 30 March 2011

Elbow at the O2

Now there are things you need to know about this band to me... I love them, always have.
I've seen them 5 times over about 9 or 10 years, from a half sold out gig at Southampton uni, and an acoustic gig in stockholm, the pyramids in Portsmouth, and all the way to Wembley and now the O2 arena.
I was reluctant to go I must admit, the idea of seeing anyone at the O2 is a turn off to me, and like most music snobs the thought of kids talking, fat women in way to small band t-shirts and familys with huge foam hands all clapping and merry is sickening.
However, I was enthralled, and I joined in heartily which may not be very cool to admit but I dont really care.
I really think Guy Garvey is amazing at building the bridge between fans and band, a hard task when you're in an arena of 10,000 people!
And still writing cracking songs... amazing sound and lights and I was happily sat down with a beer in my hand throughout.
It was truely the best I've seen them without a doubt, they have become one of the majors.

No comments:

Post a Comment