Monday 21 March 2011

Walden

I was asked by a woman today how it felt to have recorded my album.
I told her that it was so great to finally get those songs out of my system, they weigh around your neck till they're finished off, not that I hate them, its very much the opposite.
In a good way waiting gives you time to think about what you really want to say to the world with your music, and often enough I alter them as I go.

This made me think of a quote by 'Henry David Thoreau' in his book 'Walden' one of my favourate books I recently read, he wrote: 'Say what you have to say, not what you ought. Any truth is better than make-believe. Tom Hyde, the tinker, standing on the gallows, was asked if he had anything to say. "Tell the tailors," said he, "to remember to make a knot in their thread before they take the first stitch." His companion's prayer is forgotten.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden

No comments:

Post a Comment