Tuesday 5 April 2011

I read the news today o'boy

This seems to spark up conversation at work, some call me jadded, others just think I'm a knob.

I stopped reading news papers years ago, when I realised that reading bad stories with bad literature bores the shit out of me, when I realised my eyes where being diverted from what was really going on in my own back garden, when I realised that I was being lied to by the media... or the government... or both! when I got sick of being brain washed by their advertisement, when my girlfriend read you can get cancer from burnt toast (as if living in London wouldn't equate to one of the worst things for your health?), when I could see it was feeding me fear and turning me inside out and round on myself till I didnt know what to think. Till I feared not only the last trusted peoples of our endangered society like the teachers that prey on children to the hooded knife carrying children themselves, but finally myself and what a madman I am and how they should take away my rights so as not to harm myself and others!

These days im out the loop, I hear the roomers, the second hand gosip (all papers are is official gosip really), i'm a satalite orbiting the fringes of this world, like hubble tearing across space at 18000 miles and hour, im told I can keep up with the world if I only read a paper, but this old world needs to keep up with me. I hear the weeks frenzied news where we either gotta give to someone or take from someone else, like anyone here is worthy of that roll, even with a coalition government they couldn't 'run' a bath, maybe a blood bath, or a bath of shit!, its those politicians looking down, its the doctor that looks puzzled by your symptoms and perscribes a drug that neither of you has a clue about, its the banker who lost your money, and would you believe that for all their airs and titles, the power they take upon themselves with their swish accents and super cars, that they are thicker than most guys you meet down the pub? yes its true, you can educate someone till they're big and fat and behind a desk in a skyscraper that reaches the moon, but they'll still be dense as a concrete slab, and slotted in next to the other bricks and cemented together with the other mashed up bits of the human race that gave up thinking probably from reading newspapers. 

So no I dont read news papers! and I'm not swayed by the colourful text, or the more 'liberal' papers (whatever that means, and I know they dont mean it like 'the sun' does) so now when people ask 'why?' and think im ignorant (which I'm sure I am) I can redirect them to my blog about news papers.

One thing for sure is I got alot more time to think about other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment